For a fuller treatment please refer to the 1689 Baptist Confession of Faith
We believe that the Old and New Testament is the inspired and infallible Word of God, and the only authoritative rule for faith and practice.
• 2 Tim 3:15-17; Rom 15:4; 2 Peter 1:19-21.
We believe that the God of the Scriptures is the only true and living God. He is one God who co-exists in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
• Exodus 20:1-5; 1 Cor 8:4-6; 1 John 5:7-8; Matt 28:19.
We believe that in six days God created all things which exist and on the seventh He rested.
• Gen 1-2:2; Exodus 31:14.
We believe that God is sovereign in all things. In His infinite wisdom and power He directs the affairs of humanity.
• Ps 110:3; Prov 21:1; Is 45:7; Amos 3:6.
We believe that God created Adam and Eve without sin. He permitted sin to enter the world through a voluntary act of their disobedience.
• Gen 2:16,17; Rom 5:12.
We believe that God in eternity, before creation, determined to save His chosen people, to deliver them from the power and penalty of sin.
• Matt 25:34; Eph 1:4; Rom 8:29,30.
We believe that Jesus Christ is the mediator of God’s covenant. Being both fully God and fully man He was able to secure the redemption of God’s elect by dying on their behalf.
• Eph 1:22,23; 1 Tim 2:5,6; Heb 2:16-18; 4:14-16; 9:14,15.
We believe that the Church is made up of those who have exercised faith in Jesus Christ and repentance toward God.
• Acts 2:38; Acts 8:37; Acts 20:21.
We believe that baptism and the Lord’s Supper are the only two ordinances given by Christ to His Church.
• 1 Cor 11:23-31; Acts 20:7; Acts 2:41; Acts 16:31-34.
We believe that the mandate of the Church is to make disciples of all nations.
• Matt 28:19,20; 1 Cor 1:18-25; Col 1:28; 2 Tim 4:2.
We believe that God has appointed two offices in the Church, namely elders and deacons.
• Acts 6:1-7; 1 Tim 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-9.
We believe it is God’s will for Christians to assemble together in local congregations on the Lord’s Day (Sunday), to worship Him and encourage one another according to the Scriptural pattern.
• Is 58:13; Ecc 5:1,2; Acts 2:42; 20:7; Heb 10:24,25.
We believe that as the people of God we have a responsibility to show benevolence to all men, but especially to assist other Churches committed to the same Scriptural truths and principles.
• Acts 11:19-24; Gal 6:10; Phil 4:10,14.
We believe in the literal return of Jesus Christ at which time He will judge the nations. The redeemed will be with Him forever in the new heavens and the new earth, the ungodly cast into hell for eternity.
• Matt 25:31-46; Acts 1:11; 1Thes 4:18; 2 Peter 3:1-13